The average Boxer dog size is at the very top of this range for those considered to be medium (almost surpassing it and being in the "large" breed group)…and with some, they will indeed tip over the line...
Although this does not change their group classification.
One must remember that even though there are breed standards, each dog is an individual and there will be some who are a bit smaller and some who are a bit larger…Also, growth often happens in rapid phases.
Let's look at all the elements of this, including:
- Expected Weight and Height
- Why appearances will vary
- What to expect at different ages
Per AKC guidelines, the following is Boxer dog size for adults:
- Males: Adult weight will range between 60 and 70 pounds (27 to 32 kg). Their height, measured at the shoulder will range between 22 to 25 inches (56-63 cm)
- Females: Adult females will range between 55 to 65 pounds (25-29 kg). Their height, measured at the shoulder will range between 21 to 24 inches (53 to 61 cm).
Keeping this in mind, one can have a female that is 24 inches and 55 pounds…and another that is 21 inches and 65 pounds. This means that with both fitting into the standard, one will be short and stocky…the other taller and leaner.
Therefore, with there being some wiggle room regarding the numbers, Boxers will have varied frames.