How is Boxer Dog Arthritis Diagnosed?
If you notice 1 or more of the above signs, this must be reported to your dog’s veterinarian
• X-rays are currently the best method to access the severity of arthritis in Boxer dogs
• Joint fluid may be collected and analyzed
How Can You Help Prevent It?
While you cannot completely control if your Boxer dog gets arthritis, there are some things that you can do to try and prevent this:
• Keep your dog at a healthy weight – do not allow extra weight to do damage to your dog’s joints. A proper diet of the best food is key.
• Keep your Boxer dog on a daily routine of exercise – this is so important not only for arthritis issues but for overall health.
• Start your Boxer on glucosamine before issues develop; while this is routinely given once a diagnosis is in, this is one of the best supplement for Boxers
to help prevent this.
What is the Treatment for Boxer Dog Arthritis?
• If there is an injury to the dog’s ligament, surgery can help to stabilize the joint that is involved
• Anti-inflammatory medications can help to control pain and swelling. These will be prescribed by your dog’s veterinarian